This is the modest and lowly Introduction to Nintendo DS manual, the supreme source for beginner knowledge on programming the Nintendo DS.
This manual covers topics including the legality of homebrew and the politics behind it, displaying backgrounds on both screens, sprites, and a bit of game mechanics.
- Version 6.1 - This manual has been updated for use with libnds 1.3.1.
- Version 6.0 - This manual now covers additional aspects of Nintendo DS Programming including multiple sprites, multiple backgrounds, multiple palettes, the touch screen, Slot-1 devices, and more. The manual's case study has undergone a significant rewrite and covers more ground than ever before.
- Version 5.0 - Made Editing improvements. Manual is now DocBook formatted.
- Version 4.0 - Added VRAM Appendix and updated page layout
- Version 3.0 - Added a sound chapter
- Version 2.1-2.2 - Various typo fixes
- Version 2.0 - Finalized many chapters and improved code
Need help with anything in this manual? Have any suggestions for improving the manual? Visit the forum.
Introduction to Nintendo DS Programming by Jaeden Amero is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://patater.com/manual.
Read Introduction to Nintendo DS Programming online.
Visit Us on GitHub
We could use your help in making the manual better. Patches are welcome. Check us out at GitHub.